What is Reports
A report can be defined as the collection of records as per the criteria provided by the user. It's shown in Salesforce in table structure, and can be filtered, grouped, or summarized in a graphical structure.
Each report is put away in a folder. Folders can be classified as public, secured, or shared, and permission of read-only or read/write can be applied on it. You control who can access The access to the data of the folder can be controlled by the user based on roles and permissions etc. You can make a folder open to your entire association, or make it private with the objective that solitary the proprietor approaches.
What are Report Types?
A report type resembles a layout which makes reporting simpler. The report type figures out which fields and records are accessible for use while making a report.The relationship between the objects (i.e the primary and the related object) define this.for the example the ‘Contacts’ is the primary object and the related object is the ‘Account’ in ‘Contacts and Accounts’ report type.
Reports show only records that meet the models characterized in the report type. Out of the crate, Salesforce gives a bunch of predefined standard report types.
Don't forget to check out: Technical Debt in Salesforce: A Primer
Report Types are classified into two types
Standard Report Types:
- Standard Report Types are created by Salesforce on both standard and custom objects.
- These are the report types which are created by Salesforce on all the standard objects and custom objects on which allow reports option is enabled
Custom Report Types:
- These are the report types which are created by the user to meet his organization business requirement.
Reports are the analysis on the data .Any report that is created in the Salesforce has to be saved to the folder.
There are four types of folder:
- Standard Report Folder
- My Personal Custom Report Folder
- Unified Report folder
- Custom Report Folder
- Standard Report Folder - This folder will contain only standard reports. we can not store custom reports in this folder.
- MyPersonal Custom Reports - Any Reports stored to this folder are visible to only running user who created the report. Reports stored in this folder cannot shared with any user
- Unified Public Report folder - Reports which are stored in the unified public folder can be accessed by all the users whose profile has Manage reports in public Folder or View reports in the public Folder permissions enabled
- Custom Report Folder - We can share the reports of this folder with:
- Role and Sub
- Public Group
Access of View/Edit/Manage on this folder can be provided by the owner. User who has the permission of "Create Report Folder" in the profile that user can create a custom report folder.